Monday, September 07 2009
The latest edition of our email newsletter has been sent to subscribers last week.
Since that last edition, equity markets have continued to provide solid gains and many Australian and global economic indicators have improved. We provide the updated data in our market news section.
When might we get back to the levels of late 2007? Vanguard's updated volatility chart provides some insights in our Fascinating Financial Facts section.
We have also added a new section - From the Archives - which looks at previous articles that have pertinence to current events. The first article looks at Inflation Linked Bonds which have come back on the agenda thanks to an announcement that the federal government will commence re-issuing these bonds.
Also in this edition we:
Click on the following link to have a look at the full newsletter - Financial Fortnight That Was - 2nd September 2009.
- discuss the issue of index hugging by major Australian share funds,
- look at investment strategies for a delayed retirement,
- provide a link to Scott Francis' latest Eureka Report articles,
- link to Russell Investments Investor Toolkit,
- discuss benchmarking your financial progress, and
- provide evidence of the three factor model in action.